This is MY edible cell for Biology. I'm poud of it.
I used:
*Fruit-Filled rolls
*Sour and origanl sour gummy worms.
*Pixie Sticks
*M&Ms
*Hubba Bubba Gum
*Green Pop Rocks
and *Tootsie Rolls.
After I had all my candy in place, it was time to cut the cake in the shape of a cell...
Then I rapped the outside in the Fruit Strips
My Mother told me about this recipe for "Crusted Butter Cream Frosting"
You put on the icing, then you take a VIVA paper towel (It HAS to be VIVA) and you put it on the top of the cake and gently press on it. Then when you lift it, it's smooth.
Here's the recipe:
•2 lbs. sifted powdered sugar
1/2 cup or 1 stick butter, softened.
1-1/2 cups solid vegetable shortening
2 tbsp. clear vanilla extract
1/3 cup water for icing cake -OR- 1/4 cup for stiff consistency.
1/4 tsp. almond extract
Instructions
Cream butter, shortening, and extracts until creamy and smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and water. Mix thoroughly on medium speed for hand mixers, low speed for stand mixers, until smooth and creamy. Do not overmix or mix on high speed.
Observe...
Well, I didn't say perfect.
This is what it was suppose to look like...
And this is what I ended with...
Just to be nerdy, I'm going to tell you everything that's in the cell cake and what it's made from.
Cell wall- Green fondent
Plasma membrane- Fruit rolls
Cytoplasm- Icing
Ribosomes- Green pop rocks
Smooth ER- Non sour gummys worms
Rough ER- Sour gummy worms
Chromatin- Rasins (not shown)
Nucleolus- Red fondent
Nucleus- Blue fondent
Vacuole- M&M
Golgi body- Hubba Bubba
Leucoplast- Almond (not shown)
Central vacuole- Purple Pixie stick
Chloroplast- Yellow and Red fondent
Mitochondrion- Hubba Bubba and Tootsie rolls.
:-)
WOW! It turned out fabulous! Great job.
ReplyDeleteGood job! I'm still not sure I want one for my birthday cake, though...;)
ReplyDelete